Generic Cipro Ciprofloxacin antibiotic for bacterial infection
Generic Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic medication which treats bacterial infections. Generic Ciprofloxacin comes in two forms- liquid form and tablet form. The working of Generic Ciprofloxacin is very simple because of its active mechanism.
Generic Cipro is an antibiotic medication which treats bacterial infections. This medication eradicates the infection causing bacteria completely. Antibiotic property of this pill is due to presence of its active constituent, Ciprofloxacin. This pill is bactericidal pill that directly proceeds by killing the infection causing bacteria. Thus with the intake of antibiotic pill, one can get cured from various infections like sever sinusitis, typhoid fever, or bronchial infections.
Generic Cipro treats bacterial infections in bones, skin, airways, joints and lungs Infections occurring due to the bacterial in kidney and urinary tract are cured with the intake of this medication. The active ingredient of Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic medication that belongs to the class of fluoroquinolones. This medication performs effectiveness in dealing with such infections as Enterobacteriaceae, Haemophilus influenza, Haemophilus ducreyi, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Neisseria meningitides, Bacillus anthracis, Escherichia coli and many others.
The medication of Generic Cipro comes in two forms- liquid form and tablet form. The liquid form of Ciprofloxacin should be measured with a special measuring device to take a right dose and avoid the overdose of the medication. Before taking, shake the liquid and it mix properly. If you take this medication in tablet form, you should take the medicine whole and don’t crush it. You can take this medicine before or after meals, but don’t take calcium fortified products such as milk, yogurt or juice along with it or before or after its consumption.
Working of Generic Cipro Ciprofloxacin
The working of Generic Cipro is very simple because of its active mechanism. The process starts immediately after starting the medical course, but may take few days to provide the outcome. Its intake will make the infected person free from the bacterial infections. Its active constituent Ciprofloxacin is responsible for its bactericidal effect. At, the initial stage, of the action mechanism, this medication stops the replication of the bacteria. For this it binds itself to the enzyme called as DNA gyrase, which doesn’t allow the double strands of DNA to bind together. In this way the replication process is being impeded. The spreading of the bacteria is being completely stopped due to this step. Generic Cipro in the later step curbs the supply of the essential nutrients to the bacterial colonies. Due to this the bacteria starve thus they are not able to survive, ultimately they die. The bacterial colonies are completely eradicated with the effect of this medication. The dosage should be taken in accordance with the doctor.
Ways to take Generic Cipro Ciprofloxacin
The most standard dosage of Generic Cipro to be taken are 250 mg to 750 mg in a day depending upon the severity of the infection and overall health status of the infected inpidual. But if in case of serious bacterial infections the dosage of this Ciprofloxacin medication can be increased up to 750 mg in a day, but only after consulting with the doctor. In pediatric patients the recommended dosage of Generic Cipro is 100 to 200 mg once in a day. A doctor’s consultation is necessary for the people suffering with the kidney or liver disorders because they have mostly the lower doses. It is advised to drink more water while taking Generic Cipro as it helps the active constituent to dissolve easily and also helps to throw out of the body the unnecessary Ciprofloxacin. Don’t miss the dosage of this antibiotic pill while on scheduled dose because this may lead to the return of the bacterial infections and this time it would be resistant to this antibiotic pill. One should not take this medication in excessive amount as it may lead to the various health complications. Take this medicine as prescribed by the doctor will give out better results on infections.
Side Effects associated with Generic Cipro Ciprofloxacin
- Generic Cipro can also bring on certain side effects on the person such as dizziness, weakness, unconsciousness, nervousness, depression, heartbeat irregularities, pain or swelling of joints, diarrhea, hallucinations, seizure, yellowing of skin, dark urine, bleeding, numbness, sore throat, and headache.
- If any of the above side effects stays longer for more than prolonged period during the treatment with Generic Cipro medication, immediately contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Every medicine has its own benefits and risks that’s why it’s important to consult with the medical professional regarding the use of Generic Cipro medication. This will help you get the best benefits from the treatment of Generic Cipro and will advise you how to avoid the possible side effects associated with the use of this medication.
- Thus the above side effects of Generic Cipro are temporary and the ebb away as the patient’s body gets accustomed with the dose of medicine.
- There can be serious side effects such as trouble in breathing, severe hives etc due to an overdose or extra dosage; therefore it is suggested to consult the doctor. If any of these side effects persist for the long duration and get troublesome then please stop the intake of Generic Cipro and consult the doctor immediately.
Precautionary measures to be taken before consuming Generic CiproCiprofloxacin
- Generic Cipro contains Ciprofloxacin as its active ingredient therefore make sure are allergic to the Ciprofloxacin, if then please don’t take the Generic Cipro.
- The medication is intended only for adults suffering from various infections and to impede the working of disease causing germs. Therefore one should not take this medication without the prescription of doctor.
- Excessive intake of alcohol must be lowered if you want to get the complete effect of this medication. Also alcohol intake is being known to interact
with the medication content and induce the side effects of Generic Cipro Ciprofloxacin.
- Eating tobacco or smoking tobacco must be completely stopped as it reacts with this medication, which puts negative impact on the health of the inpidual.
- Generic Cipro medication should be avoided by the pregnant women because it is harmful to the health of the fetus. In some cases it can even lead to the miscarriage.
- Also, breast-feeding women are advised not to take this medication as it passes through the milk and produces potential harm to the new born baby.
- People suffering with kidney disorders, heart problems, blood pressure, and liver problems are advised to consult the doctor before the consumption of this medication.
- Generic Cipro should not be taken in combination with that of the Warfarin (Coumadin) and probenecid (Benemid) because it may lead to the delay in the treatment of the bacterial infections.
- The medication of Generic Cipro should be kept out of reach from children
- Discard all the expired medicines.