- In Stock
|400mg x 10 tablets||$37.00||$3.70|
|400mg x 20 tablets||$63.00||$3.15|
|400mg x 30 tablets||$90.00||$3.00|
|400mg x 50 tablets||$132.00||$2.64|
|400mg x 100 tablets||$209.00||$2.09|
What is Generic Suprax? What is it used for?
Cefixime or Generic Suprax is used to treat bacterial infection. It is an oral antibiotic belonging to the group of medicines called 3rd generation cephalosporin which is used to treat respiratory, ENT infections, urinary tract infection, skin infections, bone infections, uncomplicated gonorrhoea, gram (-ve) infection found in children. The drug will not work for viral infections viz. common cold and flu. Use the drug only when required or its effectiveness will be lost.
The difference between Generic Suprax and branded version of the drug are its shape and colour of the tablets. The generic Suprax contains Cefixime – the main ingredient found in branded Suprax. Cipla Pharmaceuticals have manufactured the generic version of Suprax with commercial names Ziprax - 100 DT, Zeffix or Ciprax (Blister packs have these names printed on them). The effect of branded Suprax and the generic version is the same. Only generic Suprax is tagged cheaper compared to branded Suprax so that it could be accessible to people at large.
How does Generic Suprax work?
The drug exerts bactericidal action against variety of micro-organisms. The mechanism of action is inhibition of peptidoglycan synthesis – the bacterial cell wall component. Once the wall is destroyed the growth of bacteria is greatly reduced and eventually controlled bringing the much needed relief to the patient. The drug is also known for its multi-dimensional antibacterial activity, high efficiency and safety for use in children over 6 years of age.
Generic Suprax is effective against gram positive and gram negative microorganisms viz. providencia species, serratia marcescens, proteus mirabilis, Streptococcus pneumonia, Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus agalactiae, Haemophilus influenza, Haemopbilus paramfluenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis (Branhamella), Esherichia coli, P.vulgaris, Proteus mimbilis, N. gonorrhoeae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Klebsiella oxytoca, Pasteurella multocida, Salmonella spp, Shigella spp., Citrobacter diversus. However Generic Suprax is not used to treat Staphylococcus aureus infection.
Method of Dosage of Generic Suprax - Cefixime
Generic Suprax is an oral drug in the form of tablet to be swallowed wholly with sufficient water. The dosage has to be decided by your physician or medical expert and you should strictly follow the prescription. Do not self medicate or stop taking the drug once you feel better. Carry on with the tablet course till you have finished it. The dose of patients with creatinine clearance less than 20ml/min should be altered accordingly.
Precautions to be taken with Cefixime
- Check whether you have any allergic reaction to cephalosporin and penicillin.
- This medicine is not meant for pregnant women and breastfeeding women, so be careful.
- Those with gastrointestinal diseases should be cautious with this drug
- Those with renal or hepatic failure should be careful with this drug
- Not meant for children below 12 years.
Side effects of Generic Suprax - Cefixime
The drug, if taken under the guidance of medical expert, does not produce any significant side effects. However clinical trials have reported following side-effects.
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Gastrointestinal candidacies
Interaction with other drugs Generic Suprax - Cefixime
- In case of your regular drugs (prescription/ OTC or herbal medication) taken by you submit the list of medicines to your concerned doctor. He may alter the dose so as to avoid interaction with your regular drugs and resultant side effects.
- Keep the list of all drugs you take.
- Inform your doctor in case you take birth control pills. Certain compounds of the drug may render your birth control pills ineffective and cause unexpected pregnancy.
- In case of laboratory tests this drug (intake) can produce misleading and wrong results. Therefore it is necessary to inform the lab in-charge about the use of Cefixime.
Storage process Generic Suprax - Cefixime
Tablets and suspensions of Suprax should be stored at room temperature 20 to 25 deg C (68 to 77F) in a closed box or container. Suspension to be refrigerated and stored at room temperature after mixing
Where do I buy Generic Suprax?
Generic Suprax can be ordered online or bought from local pharmacies. But you need to have a prescription from your physician or medical expert. Our online pharmacy www.genericwellness.com offers authentic drugs from leading pharma companies from all over the world at the most competitive prices with attractive discount on bulk purchase.