Generic Retin A cream - tretinoin Cream
Generic Retin A is used widely in the treatment for acne scars. This is topical formulation and it is a derivative of vitamin A. Generic Retin A is reduces acne formation thus giving you flawless skin. The active concentrate of Generic Retin A is tretinoin that works in the treatment for acne scars and other skin disorders like skin pigmentation etc.
Generic Retin A is a generic version of its branded counterpart, Retin A. It is composed of tretinoin chemical. It is a derivative of vitamin A. It is a topical ointment used in the treatment for acne scars and other skin ailments like skin pigmentantion and skin acne scars. It is used by millions of teens and adults to get rid of acne and acne scars. Acne or pimples is a common skin disorder that affects teenagers and also grownups.
Generic Retin A has a unique mode of action which is quite influential in the treatment for acne scars. The active chemical i.e. tretinoin irritates the skin and make the skin cells to divide and die very quickly. It results in increased turnover of cells. It reduces the number of layers of cells in the skin. Due to rapid turnover the newly formed cells replaces cells of existing pimples. Thus formation of acne is prevented. This is how Generic Retin A Tretinoin cream helps in the treatment for acne scars and skinpigmentantion. This topical formulation got FDA approval in 1971.
Generic Retin A (Tretinoin cream) should be used for topical treatment of acne scar. It shouldn’t be ingested. One should consult a doctor before using It. Before applying this cream wash the affected area with water and dry it properly. Then apply Generic Retin A and rub it gently until it gets merged in the skin.
Dosages of Generic Retin (Tretinoin cream) A in the treatment for acne scars and skin depigmentantion
- Ask your doctor before using Generic Retin A (Tretinoin cream). Some individuals apply this cream more often in order to have faster results. This will not give rapid results instead cause side effects.
- The affected skin part should be washed with soap and water before applying this formulation. Once you done with applying Generic Retin A (Tretinoin cream), wash your hands thoroughly.
- Do not apply this cream to wet skin as it cause irritation. Hence let the area dry before applying the ointment.
- Do not wash out the area treated with Generic Retin A. Keep it as it is at least for an hour.
- Do not use any other kind of skin products over the treated area for an hour.
- Generic Retin A should be applied in the evening because strong sunlight decomposes the medicine and make it ineffective.
- Do not stop using Generic Retin A in between. You may not get result in the first few weeks. It may take several weeks or months to give you the desired outcome. Patience is the key while using Generic Retin A in the treatment for acne scars.
Side effects of Generic Retin A (Tretinoin cream)
Side effects and medicine go hand in hand. There is no medicament known yet which does not show certain side effects. Generic Retin A though it is topical treatment for acne scars, shows certain side effects. Some are mild which goes in day or two. Some occurs as severe side effects that stays longer and demand for medical attention.
Most common side effects of Generic Retin A are:
- Burning sensation
- Reddening of skin
- Discolored skin
These side effects occur after the application of of this cream. They are harmless and stay for few hours. But if they stay for longer and tart bothering you then consulting a doctor would help.
You may also experienced some severe side effects with Generic Retin A. They should be treated immediately. They are as follows:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of facial gestures
It increases dryness of skin and make it more sensitive to sunlight. User should report it to the doctor. It also increases risk of sunburn and therefore proper safety measures should be adopted like using sunscreen while going in sun. Generic Retin A may cause thinning of skin therefore it advisable to avoid beauty treatments like waxing while using this drug. Hair removal should be done after discontinuation of the acne scar treatment with Generic Retin A.
Precautions of Generic Retin A (Tretinoin cream)
Precautions are the safety measures made for safe usage of drug. It should be used under medical supervision to get maximum benefits. Following are some precautionary measures should be followed by every sufferer in order to get benefited by using Generic Retin A in the treatment for acne scars.
- Before you use Generic Retin A, tell your doctor if you are allergic to its active content. This product may have inactive ingredient, which can cause allergic symptoms.
- If you had eczema in the past then before using this drug, you should take medical advice.
- Generic Retin A prone to make the user more sensitive to sunlight therefore avoid going in the sun without wearing a good quality sunscreen.
- Skin thinning is possible therefore avoids hair removal techniques like waxing of the treated body part.
- Do not apply Generic Retin A cream on dry, irritated or chapped skin.
- Do not let this medicament goes into eyes, mouth and nose. If it happens by mistake wash these areas thoroughly.
- Do not apply Generic Retin A on wounded skin
- This drug is not recommended to use in pregnancy. Talk with your health care provider regarding the same.
- It is not known whether Generic Retin A pigmentation passes into the breast milk. Hence consult a doctor before using it.