- In Stock
|200mg x 8 capsules||$39.95||$4.99|
|200mg x 16 capsules||$72.95||$4.56|
|200mg x 24 capsules||$99.95||$4.16|
|150mg x 8 capsules||$34.95||$4.37|
|150mg x 16 capsules||$64.95||$4.06|
|150mg x 24 capsules||$89.95||$3.75|
Flukonazole or Fluka 150 or Diflucan 150mg is an anti-fungal medication used for treating vaginal yeast infection or penile yeast infection caused by Candida (a particular form of fungus). The infection also includes that of mouth, throat, food pipe and lungs. It also treats meningitis, the infection of the membranes that cover the brain and spine. Flukonazole is also useful in treating people who have the risk of getting fungal infection when undergoing chemotherapy or a radiation therapy before bone marrow transplantation as the immune system is terribly weak during that period.
Flukonazole works by stopping rapid growth of Yeast Candida. The drug in the form of oral tablet after getting in the body system starts working immediately and within three to five days the symptoms of infection completely vanish from the body. The tablet is taken once in a day with or without food. The dosage and duration of the drug is set by medical expert or your close physician after close assessment of your body and severity of infection. It is a fast acting medication. You cannot share this medicine with anyone unless prescribed by doctor. Take the medicine as long as your doctor has recommended for getting best results.
In case of vaginal or penile fungal infection take the following precautions:
- This infection is generally caused in case you have multiple sex partners and have intercourse without adequate protection. If any one of your sex partners has the fungus infection it can soon catch up with you. So as a thumb rule avoid having sex with complete strangers or prostitutes who are mostly careless about their health and hygiene.
- Do not have sexual intercourse unless you are completely free of infection. It can spread to your sex partner.
- Keep the affected area clean and dry. Cover the area with clean dry clothes. Sanitise your hands regularly before and after touching the infected area.
- Keep your towels, clothing and handkerchiefs separately and don’t let your kids touch them at any time. Always keep your inner clothing clean and dry.
- Stay in touch with your doctor to update him of the recovery status of infection.
Side effects of the Flukonazole:
These are almost negligible and can occur in 1 or 2 persons out of 100 who take the drug. These are:
- Stomach upset
- Rashes in people with low immunity
- Experience different taste of food you normally have
Concerning side effects of Flukonazole
These effects need prompt expert’s attention:
- Symptoms of liver damage like yellowing of skin, dark urine, etc.
- Those suffering from AIDS or cancer may experience itchiness, severe rash or peeling of skin
- Unusual heart beats (unusually fast)
Avoid taking Flukonazole if you are
- Allergic to the active ingredient of the drug
- Take Cisapride regularly
- Taking Terfenadine regularly
- You are pregnant
- You are breastfeeding
- You are below 12 years of age
Avoid consuming grapefruit juice or alcohol while you are on Flukonazole therapy as it is likely to cause severe side effects.