- In Stock
|800mg x 20 tablets||$89.00||$4.45|
|800mg x 50 tablets||$197.00||$3.94|
|800mg x 70 tablets||$260.00||$3.71|
|800mg x 100 tablets||$341.00||$3.41|
|800mg x 120 tablets||$359.00||$2.99|
|800mg x 150 tablets||$413.00||$2.75|
|800mg x 200 tablets||$503.00||$2.52|
|800mg x 300 tablets||$629.00||$2.10|
|800mg x 500 tablets||$719.00||$1.44|
This anti-bacterial remedy is a mix of two antibiotics viz. sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. The application of the drug is for treating bacterial infection in humans such as middle ear, urinary tract infection, respiratory and intestinal infections. It is also used for treating and preventing condition of pneumonia. Infants below 2 months should not be administered with this drug as it may cause poisoning. And it is not used treating viral infection of any kind.
Method of dosage of Generic Bactrim
Bactrim has to be taken orally with a glass full of water. Good intake of fluids is necessary after taking the drug to lower the risk of forming kidney stones. Take the drug over food or milk whichever you choose. Dosage of Bactrim is based on your medical condition, severity of infection and response to treatment. Your dose may get altered by your physician after examining your initial response to drug therapy. Take the drug on fixed time everyday to get best results. Continue with the drug therapy as long as recommended by your doctor even after coming out of infection. Stopping the drug dose early without the knowledge of doctor may increase the chances of infection resurfacing after some time. Keep your doctor updated with the status of infection during your drug therapy of Bactrim.
General precautions to be taken for Generic Bactrim
- Those allergic to sulfamethoxazole or trimethoprim should not take Bactrim.
- Those who have medical condition or history of liver or kidney ailments or surgery should not use Bactrim
- Those with folic acid deficiency or anemia should not take this drug.
- Those with thyroid and asthma should not take this drug.
- Those with HIV or AIDS should not take this drug
- Those with glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency or those who are undernourished should not take this drug
- Those with Porphyria should not take this drug
- You cannot get pregnant during this drug therapy. If you are already pregnant this drug is not meant for you as it can potentially harm the foetus.
- Nursing mothers should not take Bactrim as the active compounds are likely to pass through breast milk and cause health complications to the baby feeding on milk.
- This drug can easily cause sun-burn so stay away from direct sunlight or wear proper clothes if you venture out in bright sunlight.
Common side effects of Bactrim
Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, mild itching or rash are the least worrisome side effects of Bactrim. So you need not worry too much in such circumstances.
Alarming side effects of Bactrim
You should get in touch with your nearest hospital in case you encounter following side effects of Bactrim:
- Watery or bloody diarrhoea
- Difficulty in concentrating, fast heart beat and light headedness
- Sudden fever bout, sore throat, new cough, weakness
- Swallowing problems due to mouth ulcers, swollen gums, skin sores, cold or flu
- Symptoms of jaundice like dark urine, paling of skin, liver problems, upper stomach pain
- Severe skin reaction (red or purple skin rash, blistering or peeling)
In case of missed dose of Generic Bactrim
Take the missed dose when you remember but avoid it if you are close to the time of your next dose. Continue with the subsequent dose without taking any extra dose to make up for the missed dose. Overdose may cause medical emergency.