- In Stock
|7.5mg x 90 tablets||$135.00||$1.50|
|7.5mg x 180 tablets||$250.00||$1.39|
|7.5mg x 270 tablets||$370.00||$1.37|
|7.5mg x 360 tablets||$450.00||$1.25|
|7.5mg x 450 tablets||$520.00||$1.16|
What exactly is Zopiclone?
In chemical terms Zopiclone is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic agent (available with brand name Zimovane and Imovane) used in the treatment of Insomnia (sleep disorders). Due to its tranquilizing effect Zopiclone is promoted as a sleeping pill. You are likely to get addicted to the drug if you use it longer than the prescribed time. In United States Zopiclone drug is declared as a controlled substance and is illegal to possess without a proper prescription
It is available in 3.5mg, 5mg and 7.5mg oral tablet form. You essentially have to take the drug under medical expert’s observation. Overdosing of the drug can be fatal.
What is zopiclone drug used for?
It is used to treat sleeping problems (also called insomnia). It has to be orally taken before bedtime as directed by physician or medical expert. Zopiclone is taken for short period of time up to a month. You can increase the dose period only after consulting your doctor. With elderly people (more than 60 yrs of age) and those who have liver and kidney problems, lower dose of Zopiclone 3.5mg may be recommended. The drug is not recommended for children below 18 years of age as it may lead to addiction.
What is the risk involved in taking Zopiclone regularly?
When you take Zopiclone regularly over a long period of time your body slowly gets immune to the effect of drug. In this condition you begin to take higher doses to get sleep inducing effect. Now the risk involved in taking higher dose is immense as this could lead to serious respiratory disorder (difficulty in breathing) and cause death.
Your checklist before taking Zopiclone regularly
Before you take the first dose of Zopiclone you have to assess whether you have following health issues and discuss them with your consulting doctor.
- Allergy to Zopiclone or similar drugs
- Interaction with your regular medicines of diabetes, blood pressure, etc.
- Whether you have medical conditions viz. Thyoroid, Schizophrenia, Epilepsy, Kidney or Liver problems, lung or any respiratory problems
- Whether you are addicted to alcohol or take any specific drug or medicine regularly
- Whether you are on anti-depressant pills or for any mental illness
- Whether you plan to be pregnant, are pregnant or breastfeed your baby
- Whether you plan a surgery in distant future or plan to get hospitalised
- Whether you plan to receive any dental treatment
Drugs that are likely to interact with Zopiclone
- Medicines used to treat depression, anxiety and mental illness
- Other types of sedatives or tranquillisers like phenobarbitone
- Other strong pain relievers such as codeine
- Muscle relaxing drugs
- Antibiotics such as Rifampicin, Clarithromycin and Erythromycin
- Ketoconazole and Itraconazole
- Ritonavir (for treating HIV)
You may be prescribed different medicines if you are on above mentioned medication. Medicines not listed above may also interact with Zopiclone.
Side effects of Zopiclone
Zopiclone may have mild to severe side effects in some cases. You have to consult your doctor as soon as you identify any of the below mentioned serious side effects.
- Dry mouth
- Bitter taste in mouth
- Drowsiness or giddiness
List of serious side effects for which you may need medical expert’s advice:
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- Fluctuating appetite
- Stomach pain
- High Anxiety levels
- Blurred vision
- Sleep walking and other such disorders
Allergic effects of Zopiclone
Zopiclone may have certain allergies mentioned below. You need to take adequate measures and consult your physician. Allergy Symptoms are mentioned below:
- Cough, difficulty in breathing
- Swelling in face, lips, tongue, throat, etc.
- Rash, itching or hives on the skin
- Feeling feverish
Withdrawal symptoms of Zopiclone
These symptoms may occur if you are on Zopiclone drug dose for a long time and stop it suddenly.
- Muscle cramps